Sunday, June 9, 2013

Our Heavenly Father---Father's Day sampler

 
Our Father
 
designed by Feathers in the Nest
copyright 2013
 
As we approach Father's Day in a week, I always think about the Heavenly Father who always provides and protects throughout our life. This is a constant and a model for earthly fathers to strive for.
 
This inspiration is for free for a limited time.  Hopefully, you can stitch up to give to your earthly father if you want OR if  for conditions you don't have the prescence of an earthly father, then for a year long reminder of our Heavenly Father.
 
The motifs in the sampler are the cross and the key. Our Heavenly Father has the real key to our heart. All of us. He made us. He knows the exact number of hairs on our head.
 
The ship symbolizes guidance.
 
The water symbolizes forgiveness.
 
The cross is present for ideally for our earthly father looking to the Heavenly Father as he protects and provides for us.
 
 
The colors suggested are:
 
Gentle Art--morning glory
Gentle Art----Gold Leaf
Gentle Art--Old Brick
DMC white
 
  natural belfast linen 32 count
 
If you stitch it up, please share with me and I will post on the blog!
 
I found this poem and it resonates what I would say.
 
TO MY HEAVENLY FATHER
 
Heavenly Father up above
Touch me with your precious love
Teach me what I need to do
So that I may follow You.

I love You Lord with all my heart
You've been my help right from the start
Even when I strayed from You
You knew exactly what to do.

You brought me back and made me whole
You blessed me and You touched my soul
It was Your son who died for me
T'was my Lord Jesus that set me free.

Thank You Father for sending Your Son
Thank You Father for all You've done
Let Your will be done with care
Heavenly Father this is my prayer.
~~~~~by Joyce Helen Moore
 
I hope your life is filled ith a loving, earthly father; however, if not remember that the Heavenly Father loves you always and will never abandon you. He made you special.
 
Till later,
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this lovely sampler!
    Hugs from Spain
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Jennifer! Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous design. :)

    God bless you - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chart Jennifer. You're so talented. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer